I brought two cases with me. All my makeup are stored in the black, stripey case. And in the pink canvas one, I got my brushes, false lashes, and sponges.
Initially, I wanted to pack my brushes in my brush roll, but it was simply too big. I thought the brush roll would take too much space in my luggage, so I decided to leave it. Do you bring a lot of brushes with you when you travel? I have to, just to be on the safe side. One time I forgot to bring my eye makeup brushes when I was traveling to Jakarta (oops!) and so I had to use those tiny sponges to apply my eye makeup. Lol. I didn’t enjoy the experience.
- Monistat Chafing Relief Powder Gel which I use as primer. I don't wear it every day, only when I feel like it.
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF 15. I put a pea sized amount (a really small one!) on the back of my hand, mix it with my moisturizer, and apply it with my fingers. This provides me enough coverage to even out my skintone and leaves my face looking dewy. After I set it up with powder the dewiness effect is gone, though. :(
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I love this stuff, to the point where I might declare it as my HG powder. As I’ve observed it, it makes my face look flawless in pictures, AND it doesn't look cakey. I usually buff it with my Everyday Minerals kabuki brush for a natural look.
- NARS Albatross highlighter. Browbone, cupid bow, cheekbones… it’s so versatile, I just have to bring it with me!
- NYX Concealer in Jar. I wouldn’t wear it everyday here because it would melt, but this makes a great everyday eyeshadow base for a natural look.
- Revlon blemish concealer. Will review this soon :)
- Milani Powder Bronzer. When I'm too lazy to put on some blush, I'd wear this bronzer after my foundation routine to create some dimension on my face.
- Maybelline Clearsmooth Powder. It has SPF 18. It mattifies and it's lightweight, so I use it for touchups. It doesn’t hold up well, though. I bought it on a whim the other day because I ran out of my ELF translucent powder.
- MAC blush in Sunbasque. My HG blush, enough said. :)
- Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Soft Plum. Perfect blush in this weather because it looks so natural on me like I’m not wearing any makeup, just a hint of color on my cheeks. If only it would last longer on my face, though.
I brought three glosses and four lipsticks. I don't know if that's a lot of lippies to bring with you when you travel, but that's just the right amount for me. In the gloss department, there's NYX Mega Shine lipgloss in Sugar Pie, Revlon Superlustrous lipgloss in Nude Lustre (my favorite!), and Clinique Longlast Glosswear in Cabana Crush. As for the lipsticks, I brought Revlon Matte in Pink Pout, Rimmel Moisture Renew in Nude Delight, MAC Fanfare (Cremesheen), and Maybelline Moisture Extreme in Natural Nude.
No need to paint my eyelids with fancy colors here. I only packed natural-colored eyeshadows. My Too Faced Natural Eye Palette comes in very handy! I've been using it A LOT. The rest of the shadows are Thevi matte eyeshadow #250, Milani eyeshadow in Java Bean, and L'oreal Hip Duo in Lively.
These are THE essentials. I don't know what I'm gonna do without these peeps here. From left to right;
- Maybelline Volum Express Hypercurl Mascara, this holds my curl very well! I'm utterly impressed. Not really volumizing, but I still love it.
- Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Zero, I'd apply it with a brush to get a more natural-looking line... not, you know, striky.
- Oriflame Stylo Liquid Liner in Black, when I want a more precised lining, I'd use this liquid liner. It works alright, not the best one outthere but it doesn't sting my eyes like Revlon Colorstay does.
- Kao eyelashes curler, it's a great tool!! I've never used Shu Uemura's so I can't really compare, but this is definitely a lot better than Revlon's. Kao is a Japanese brand.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, HG stuff. I got my travel size from buying the Book of Shadows vol II.
- Stila Smudge Pot in Bronze, this as primer + Milani Java Bean eyeshadow = great everyday smokey look that compliments my skintone. Will show you some other time. :)
- and ELF eyebrow kit in Dark.
- Body Shop Born Lippy Lipbalm in Satsuma Shimmer. I almost use this up! It has a rather citrusy scent that I like. One of my favorite lipbalms ever. :)
- Lucas Papaw Ointment. If you live in Australia and you haven't tried this stuff, you're missing out a great product! This works great for chapped lips, cracked skin, what have you. It also works wonder for insect bites. No kidding. I once got bitten buy a huge red ant (it was on my bed, I dunno how it got there) and I put it on the rash immediately, just under an hour the itchiness and redness had gone away. Love this!
- Oriflame SPF 30 sunscreen. I don't like this since it's pretty sticky, I'm just trying to use it up.
And that's pretty much it! Believe it or not, I usually bring MORE stuff with me, but now I'm just too lazy and I want to travel as light as possible (lol, some people might respond, "THIS is light?").
Do you bring your whole makeup kit when you have to travel for a week or so? Or do you just bring the necessities? :)