My opinion? It's okay. I won't be repurchasing but I won't tell you to shy away from it either especially if you're a mascara girl. It's a good product if you can justify the price. Perhaps I have too high of expectation (and too short of lashes) to be impressed. In my case fancier mascaras never really delivered better results than the regular drugstore ones. For 1/3 the price, my old Maybelline Volum' Express satisfies me enough as my daily mascara.
There are actually two different Henna Fix Proof 10 mascaras from Etude House. Super Fix 1 (which is the one I have) is designed to achieve more volume while Super Fix 2 is for extra length. I'm guessing this line of mascara is Etude House's version of the hyped up Japanese Dolly Wink mascaras. I mainly picked Super Fix 1 as I like the curvy design of the wand. It makes it easier to coat the lashes on the inner part of my eyes.
Etude House Aloha Henna Fix Proof 10 Mascara - Super Fix #1
- Provides intense jet black color hence the word "henna" in the name.
- Waterproof formula that doesn't budge or smear at all throughout the day.
- Does a great job in volumizing my lashes with slight lengthening effect, too.
- Holds curl really well.
- The wand is easy to work with.
- Super hard to remove at the end of the day! You definitely need a heavy duty eye makeup remover with this one.
- Tends to clump so I need to separate my lashes with mascara comb after each application.
- Texture is not too watery but it does take quite some time to dry.
|left: my natural lashes without mascara, right: with several coats of Etude House mascara + curled|
So what do you guys think? Have you tried any of Etude House mascaras? Would you give this one a try?